Wednesday 9 July 2014

Taylor Swift's Guitars - Part 1

I'm not going to lie when I say Taylor Swift has the most impressive guitar collection I have ever seen. Ironically consisting of many Taylor Guitars. I have always loved Taylor Guitars (ignoring the deterring price of them) but after seeing Taylor's collection it literally made me crazy for them. I can guarantee that anyone who doesn't play guitar will want to after seeing these gems. I know there are a few other sites that try to list Taylor's guitars but I have found multiple guitars missing from the lists. This was why I wanted to construct a legitimate list.

Lets begin with some of Taylor's older guitars from when she was younger.  


Guitar 1. Maple PS-LTD Taylor with a Tobacco Sunburst and Florentine cutaway

The first Guitar I will show you has little to NO mention of it anywhere. (It took me weeks to find these photos!) It was one of Swift's earler guitars and is one of my personal favourites too! This a custom Taylor costing over $10,000.... I know!
Type: Maple PS-LTD with a Tobacco Sunburst and Florentine cutaway
Tay's go-to inlay is Byzantine which is one of the expensive inlays, but is so beautiful. She gets the Byzantine design for the neck, peghead/headstock and bridge.
(Here is the guitar that this one was constructed from)
Link: http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/ps14ce

The only video I have found of taylor playing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC3L2nGpd9I










Guitar 2. Custom, all-koa PSGA Taylor (AA koa top, Florentine cutaway,"Taylor"fretboard inlay passive ES)  

This would have to be Taylor's signature and most used guitar, owning the guitar since she was 15 this guitar has been everywhere. This guitar is not only amazing to look at but sounds twice as good! Taylor actually has two of these guitars one being a back up, or sometimes in her concerts when she travels from the front of the stage to the back she needs her second guitar to continue playing the song with the same guitar. This is a really special guitar because its made of master grade flamed koa, AA grade, koa is a rare type of wood found commonly on the shores of Hawaii. The cool thing about koa wood is that unlike most wood the grain of the wood travels in both directions (up to down and left to right and visa versa). The koa wood really is what makes this guitar so aesthetically pleasing and what makes the price what it is as well. I have played one of these Taylor koa's before and I have got to say they are 100% worth the price. Unfortunately the model which Taylor owns is no longer made by Taylor Guitars, so the only way to get one that is the same as Tay's is to get a custom made up like hers.
Yet again taylor used the Byzantine inlay with her name inlayed where the 12th fret marker would be. This guitar also have a Florentine cutaway which is my personal favourite type of cutaway giving the guitar the sleek and sexy sharp point.

(No link to Taylor Guitars website available) 
Cost: $5,000+ (guess)









Guitar 3. Pink T5-S Taylor (flake-top finish)

Yet another rarity on the internet is Taylor's Pink T5-S (flake-top finish) 
Yet another custom Taylor, this guitar has almost disappeared of the face of the earth not being seen since she was a early teen. I have always had a thing for semi-hollow electric guitars so for me this is like the best thing ever. The pink finish and personalised fretboard is what makes this electric guitar so awesome. 
Cost: over $2,598 (due to customisations made)










Guitar 4. T5z koa Custom Taylor

I have only seen Taylor use this guitar once which was in a Taylor Guitars showcase in 2005 at the NAMM show. Once again its a koa so its going to sound amazing no doubt. This guitar has NOT been modified from the original model, no special inlay or wood changes. Even though it says 'custom' in the title thats just the name of this particular type. This guitar is the same body shape as Tay's pink electric guitar. I really want one of these electric guitars because they are kinda like 2 in 1. They can sound like a heavy metal electric and can also go all the way down to a beautiful acoustic warm guitar sound- pretty cool.

Cost: $3,798






Guitar 5. Black SolidBody Taylor Classic

Taylor use to use this baby all the time but I haven't seen this one out on a stage with in the past 3 or 4 years... tragic I know! So like the title suggests this is yet another magnificent Taylor Guitar. The is another electric guitar and apart from the obvious colour difference this guitar has a solid body and was really made for more typical electric guitar jamming rather then chords and strumming which is what Taylor seems to use it for. 

Cost: $1,998










Guitar 6. White SolidBody Taylor Classic

Taylor use to use this baby all the time but I haven't seen this one out on a stage with in the past 3 or 4 years... tragic I know! So like the title suggests this is yet another magnificent Taylor Guitar. The is another electric guitar and apart from the obvious colour difference this guitar has a solid body and was really made for more typical electric guitar jamming rather then chords and strumming which is what Taylor seems to use it for. 
Cost: $1,998








Guitar 7. White SolidBody Taylor Classic
I have only seen Taylor use this guitar once (live). So like the title suggests this is yet another magnificent Taylor Guitar. The is another electric guitar and apart from the obvious colour difference this guitar has a solid body and was really made for more typical electric guitar jamming rather then chords and strumming which is what Taylor seems to use it for. Unlike the last two guitars of this model this one does not have a pick guard and has been customised by her with "Taylor"inlay on the 12th fret and Byzantine Byzantine like lots of Taylor's other guitars.
Cost: $1,998






Note: Ignore the pick guard in this photo I couldn't get rid of it. There is no plate like this on Tays.





Guitar 8. Pink Paisley Fender Telecaster Guitar

I only just discovered this guitar after hours of looking at pictures of Taylor Swift's guitar. I honestly don't know much about it and the company does not sell it anyone so I can't link you to anything and I have no idea what the price would be. Once again this is an electric and it looks like a limited edition? Its a solid body and is made my Fender, this guitar like every other solid body guitar can't be heard when you play it until you plug it into an amp. 

Link:n/a
Cost: n/a











No comments:

Post a Comment